Covid-19 Information and Updates
DEDICATION TO SAFETY
Along with public health officials, 足彩平台网站’s administration and student life team have closely monitored issues related to COVID-19, and have developed guidelines/protocols in response to the virus. 足彩平台网站 is committed to providing a safe environment for students to learn and will adapt our plan according to federal, state, and city guidelines as new information becomes available.
A PERSONAL CHRIST-LIKE RESPONSE
In response to COVID-19, it is important that we interact with each other and our visitors in a Christ-like way. 足彩平台网站 desires to foster an atmosphere that exemplifies Christ in all that we do. So we ask each of our employees, students, and visitors to take this commitment to heart.
As a participant in the 足彩平台网站 community I will:
- Wear a face covering in the hallways and crowded indoor-spaces where social distancing is not possible.
- Keep social distance while on campus.
- Wash and sanitize my hands regularly.
- Stay home or in my dorm room if I don’t feel well or have a fever of 100.4 or higher.
- Isolate or quarantine myself if asked to do so.
- Follow the advice of 足彩平台网站’s campus nurse and/or my health care professional.
- Pray for God’s protection.
- Encourage others to follow the same practices.
足彩平台网站’S ACTION STEPS
- Continue to follow guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the state of Missouri, Greene County, and the city of Springfield.
- Develop and implement a set of standards and protocols to promote health and safety.
- Put into place protocols for self-checking and monitoring.
- Work to mitigate the resurgence risks of the virus to the best extent possible.
- Plan with the understanding that COVID-19 will be present into the foreseeable future.
足彩平台网站 IS CURRENTLY:
- Installing additional hand sanitizing stations throughout campus.
- Enhancing the cleaning of all common areas and high-touch surfaces daily. In addition to daily cleaning, it will be the responsibility of all faculty, staff, and students to sanitize their respective workspace and other public spaces throughout the day.
- Posting visual reminders of proper hand hygiene and use of hand sanitizer throughout the campus.
- Implementing social distancing measures in classrooms, chapel, etc.
- Providing all employees and students with an initial face covering.
- Installing acrylic shields as sneeze guards in dining venues.
- Making significant adjustments to meal services, including how the food is served, eating areas arranged, and a mobile order process.
- Providing thermometers for temperature checks.
- Implementing a virtual classroom experience for those who need it.
- Eliminating overnight stays for visitors and/or prospective students in the dormitories.
DO YOUR PART TO PREVENT AND PROTECT
The best way to prevent illness is to avoid exposure to the virus. The Springfield-Greene County Health Department protocols have been put into place to limit exposure.
These include the following:
- FACE MASKS
足彩平台网站 is requiring all employees, students, and visitors to wear face coverings in hallways and in crowded indoor-spaces where social distancing is not possible. Face coverings must be worn in all dining venues except when eating or drinking. Face coverings do not have to be worn inside dorms or in an employee’s office when alone.
- HAND WASHING
Practicing regular hand hygiene as advised by the CDC. All employees, students, and visitors should wash their hands often.
足彩平台网站 will implement physical distancing in classrooms and other campus venues by reconfiguring seating in public areas.
足彩平台网站 will encourage self-checks for symptoms on class days, Monday through Thursday. It is the responsibility of the student, faculty, or staff to report symptoms and confirmed cases of COVID-19 to the 足彩平台网站 campus nurse.
Visitors are welcome on the 足彩平台网站 campus by appointment only. For the time being, there will be no overnight visitors allowed in the dorms. All overnight stays will be arranged with guest housing.
All visitors should go to the receptionist’s desk in Enrollment Services during
business hours to have their temperature taken and answer a short verbal questionnaire (After hours, Security will handle this procedure). We ask that all visitors comply with our prevent and protect guidelines listed above.
Visitors will be asked to reschedule their visit if any of the following are present or has occurred:
- A fever of 100.4 or higher
- Travel outside of the country during the previous two weeks
- Any COVID-19 symptoms during the previous two weeks
- Any exposures to confirmed COVID-19 cases within the last two weeks
If students exhibit COVID-19 symptoms, they will be referred to our campus nurse and/or a healthcare professional for further examination. 足彩平台网站 will quarantine any on-campus student with a positive COVID-19 test, hospitalization may be required. Virtual doctor visits will be available to all students and may require payment. Our student life staff will ensure that all quarantined students who live on campus will receive necessary care. Any roommate who has been exposed will be self-isolated in their room for two weeks until the contagion period has ended. Students who live off campus will quarantine at home. Additional steps, including contact tracing, will be at the discretion and recommendation of the Springfield-Greene County Health Department.
Students affected by COVID-19 should contact their advisor, who will help arrange academic accommodations with professors.
Other than medical appointments, students are prohibited from leaving their room during self-quarantine. Additionally, they are prohibited from participating in any co-curricular activities, such as rehearsals, athletic practices, etc.
COMING SOON INFORMATION ON:
- VIRTUAL CLASSROOM OPTIONS
- MOBILE ORDERING FOR DINING
- STUDENT SELF-CHECK FORMS